Dr. Anwar Victor Morgan, a general surgeon who settled in Canada in 1983, and received his Royal College Certificate in Anaesthesia in 1992. A sub specialty in obstetrical anaesthesia, pain management and an appointment to Women’s College Hospital as an anesthesiologist soon followed. Among his many pioneering achievements, he perfected what is commonly known as the “Walking Epidural” in the early 90’s. He also developed a new laser technique to treat patients with Pilonidal Cysts, previously only cured with invasive painful surgery that requires an extensive recuperation period. His trial has shown almost a 100% success rate in preventing the surgical approach without the difficult after-effects and recovery time.
Dr. Anwar Morgan is an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto in the Department of Anaesthesiology. He is a renowned anesthesiologist, with special interests in Pain Management and Obstetrical Pain relief. Dr. Morgan founded and served as the Medical Director of the Interventional Pain Clinic Program at Women’s College Hospital from 1994 to 2011. Over the years, Dr. Morgan has popularized the use of Botox® as a method of pain management and has been involved in training and teaching Family Physicians and Residents the up-to-date techniques in interventional pain management and the innovative use of Local Anaesthetics.
Dr.Morgan has always kept up with the latest advancements in interventional pain management; his most recent interests have been studying, training and practicing on regenerative pain procedures (Platelet Rich Plasma, Stem Cell Harvesting and Injecting) with significant and convincing results.
In 2005, Dr. Morgan also created what is now known as The Med Spa Toronto where he strove to provide different avenues for individuals of both genders to achieve their desired self image and regain their confidence.
- Active Staff, Obstetrical Anesthesia, Women & Babies Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Active Staff, Chronic Pain Clinic, Women’s College Hospital
- Pain Specialist, Department of Anesthesia, Women’s College Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, University of Toronto
- Medical Director of The Med Spa Toronto
- Multimodal analgesia for postoperative pain management.
- Effectiveness of Botox intra articular injections in chronic arthritis pain.
- Inguinal nerve entrapment neuropathy post-laparoscopy.