Conquer your pain, don’t let it conquer you.
The first step in regaining your quality of life is understanding how the nervous system and brain function. We want to help you understand the nervous system so that you are better equipped in conquering your pain and getting back the quality of life you deserve.
We have compiled a list of the best books that we believe will help you understand the complex nervous system. Pain is manifested in the brain, and understanding how the nervous system interacts with the brain will help you control your pain and enable you to take control of your nervous system.
The nervous system and the brain is able to change throughout your life (neuroplasticity). The human brain has the amazing ability to reorganize itself by forming new connections between brain cells (neurons). Understanding neuroplasticity and how pain is not always a direct result of tissue damage, can help you become better equipped in introducing methods of healing.
Our top 13 books:
- The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer–David Butler and Lorimer Moseley
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science- Norman Doidge
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times- Pema Chodron
- The Brain’s Way of Healing– Norman Doidge
- Feelings Buried Alive Never Die– Karol K. Truman
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Explain Pain– David Butler
- The Challenge of Pain– Ronald Melzack
- The Overactive Pelvic Floor– Anna Padoa
- Why Pelvic Pain Hurts– Adriaan Louw
- The Power of Now– Eckert Tolle
- Understand Pain Live Well Again: Life is Now- Neil Pearson
- Painful Yarns– Lorimer Moseley